Mafiq Foundation Presents:
Annual Essay Panel Competition
WHAT: Essay, speech, poster, multimedia, extemporaneous speaking, and panel discussions.
WHO: Grades 1 to 12
WHEN: Saturday, January 15, 2022
- In-person @ Diyanet Center of America (Lanham, MD) for Metro DC area participants
- Virtual (Pre-approval is required to participate in the virtual speech contest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details) for overseas and non-DMV area participants.
Register for EPC 2022 here,
Click to See EPC-Guidelines-2022-v1.
Submit Essay, Poster, and Multimedia content here by January 7th, 2022
WHAT IS NEW: Extemporaneous Speaking
The deadline for Essay, Poster, and Multimedia submissions is January 7, 2022!
THEME: “Islam and Mental Health: Keeping a Sound Mind and Sound Faith”.
Main questions to be addressed are:
- How can we overcome current mental health challenges?
- What ways can the community support the youth facing these issues?
Elementary School Topic:
- Level 1 (^Grades 1 & 2): Write a letter to someone describing a time when you had a problem, how it made you feel, and how you handled it. .
- Level 2 (Grades 3 & 4): How do the problems you face affect your mind and what can you do to stay positive while facing these problems? How did the Prophet of Islam (sas) teach you to stay positive while in a situation like this?
Middle School Topic:
Level 3 ( Grades 5 & 6); Level 4 (Grades 7 & 8)
The pre-teen years can be difficult as your mind and body are undergoing major changes and with all of the constant peer pressure around you. How does Islam teach you to keep a sound mind with all of the stressors you face on a daily basis? Outline a few methods you can use to maintain good mental health in your daily life.
High School Topic:
- Level 5 ( Grades 9 & 10); Level 6 (Grades 11 +): There are many challenges in the teen and adolescent years that high schoolers face daily. As a Muslim, how can you navigate all these challenges while staying positive and mentally healthy? Discuss what adults in your life and your community can do to help young people handle stress.
^Grades refer to students full-time school grades. Please do not submit essays in levels based on Students Sunday School grades.
Register for EPC 2022 here.
As we do every year, we have scheduled multiple Workshops to assist our esteemed competitors in producing the best possible entries. We will keep you updated on our progress.